1. Do not use "a lot." A lot is a place where one can build a house or play baseball. It is not a
2. Do not start sentences with There are, There is, There was, etc…
3. Kill any and all thing or things in your papers.
4. Never use should of, could of, or would of. Use HAVE
5 . Never use and more than once to join any sentences
6. Never start a sentence with And, Or, So, Then, or But.
7. Do not use the pronoun, you, in any formal paper.
8. Write out all contractions in any formal paper.
9. Beware of the comma splice. Joining any two complete sentences with a comma is a comma
10. Beware of the sentence fragment. It looks like a sentence but is missing or has too many parts.